Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Shakespeare March Madness Showdown

I am not a sports aficionado by any measure.  I filled out my March Madness bracket by pitting each team's mascot against each other, which explains why my bracket is in dead last at work.  Fortunately, the Chicago Shakespeare Theater has provided an alternative:
Shakespeare Showdown



My bracket is hard to see, but if you click on the picture, it should pull up a bigger image.  I have Benedict of Much Ado About Nothing winning the championship.  It eventually came down to Kenneth Branagh vs. Kenneth Branagh vs. Kenneth Branagh vs. the Fool.  Or I suppose I could have worked in David Tennant instead.  Romeo wouldn't have stayed in the game for as long as he did if he had gone up against some decent opponents.  And Poor Lady Macbeth got knocked out in round two only because she was up against Henry V.  Even the creepiness of Lady Macbeth can't stand up against the inspiration of the St. Crispins day speech.

You can find more information about the Showdown at the Chicago Shakespeare Theater's website.  Sadly, they are no longer accepting submissions, but filling out the bracket is fun enough on its own.  You can also vote for your favorite characters on their facebook page from now until April 15th.

Let me know if you disagree with any of my picks and leave a link in the comments if you fill out your own bracket.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...